The museum team is working hard on the internal fit out design for the third floor museum space.Displays will include:
- The importance of Bronze Age Castleford
- A unique and fascinating Iron Age burial chariot
- Objects from Roman Castleford (or Lagentium as it was known then), including a leather sandal, a milestone and an ear pick!
- How mining has shaped the community
- A stunning display of Castleford made glass and ceramics
- Plus rugby, marbles and not forgetting Henry Moore.
There will also be 4 very special community cases, offering the opportunity to the people of Castleford to make their own museum displays.
This plan shows the basic layout of the new museum space. The display cases on the left hand side will consist of roman stonework pieces.
This plan shows the central display island that will feature a large screen showing historic film from the area.