Fabulous Forties Vintage! Free event 5pm to 7.30pm
Just drop in!
For one night only!
- See a selection of 40s stylish clothing, accessories and patterns from the collection.
- Join in a taster session of 'Jitterbug Zumba'!
- Get yourself a 40s hairdo courtesy of Wakefield College hairdressers
- Close-harmony singers, the Honeybirds will be performing live!
- Vintage-inspired crafts to try - make a paper corsage and some bunting!
|This flower brooch is made from a (scanned!) page of a 1940s Magic-Beano|
- A talk on Women in War from Dr Phil Judkins 'More Deadly Than the Male" (starts 6.30pm in Learning Zone)
Women have carried out many roles in war - some well-known, some entirely unexpected. Come and see how many of the duties, both civilian and military, described by Dr Phil Judkins, and undertaken by women of many nations and beliefs in the wars of the 20th and 21st centuries, you simply would not believe!
- Knottingley milliner and historic costumier, Deborah Walton will be displaying her beautiful 40s-inspired creations
- Enjoy a special 40s-inspired meal and/or drink in Create Cafe (without rationing!)
So put on your best tea dress, or smartest demob suit and join in the fun!
Because no outfit is complete without a hat, and to get you 'In the Mood' we have chosen a selection of 1940s hats from the collection and are asking you to choose your favourite for the display.
Pick your favourite by ticking the 'funny', 'interesting' or 'cool' reaction boxes under the hat picture you like the best. The hat with the most reactions by Sunday 3 November will go on display at the event.